Click inside to see this week’s suggestions, which include having a holiday movie night or going to the theater, observing World AIDS Day and doing other holiday activities. Or check out these other links.
1. It’s not a big movie week, as the only film opening in wide release is “Killing Them Softly,” an R thriller starring Brad Pitt and Ray Liotta. If that’s not your cup of tea, you could have a holiday movie night at home. There are a slew of good movies available on DVD and on streaming devices, including “Christmas Vacation,” "Elf" and “A Christmas Story.”
2. Saturday is World AIDS Day, and many places will be having events in conjunction with the day. Check the newspaper for listings.
3. It’s that delicious time again – time to bake for the holidays! You can start making cookies and cakes and eggnog, or whatever your family’s tradition is. And this weekend will see several special “holidays”: It’s the beginning of Recipe Greetings for the Holidays Week and Cookie Cutter Week.
4. Did you get all your holiday shopping done already? If so, congratulations! If not, there are plenty of sales still going on, and don’t forget to check out local deals.
5. If you’re looking for a cheap way to entertain your family, there’s nothing better than driving around to look at Christmas lights. Check the newspaper for a guide to lights, or just drive and enjoy!
GateHouse News Service