HONESDALE — Looking for a way to kick that cabin fever? The Wayne County Arts Alliance (WCAA), The Cooperage Project and other venues in the Maple City are excited to invite the public to venture downtown for 2nd Saturday on April 14 for a night of live music, special events and amazing art.
David Harvey,WCAA board member, said “2nd Saturday is really starting to take off.
“I am pumped about the collaborative work that is going on with The Cooperage Project, the Greater Honesdale Partnership and many wonderful individuals to make 2nd Saturday a success.
“This weekend is going to be amazing and everyone should come down Saturday evening and a great time with us. We are also appreciative of all the help from the wildly successful First Friday in Scranton on how to make this kind of event happen.”
Echoing those thoughts, 2nd Saturday co-founder and committee member Travis Rivera added, “2nd Saturday is business and community working together creating culture in Honesdale.
“The WCAA wants to build a prosperous relationship between artists, musicians, performers, restaurants, business owners, other local organizations, specialty artisans, and anyone and everyone who wants to have a fun enriching night in our awesome town of Honesdale.”
To help welcome the warmer weather, The Lakewood Elements festival will transform The Cooperage Project into a preview of their festival set for Memorial Day Weekend in Lakewood.
There will be a silent disco, performing artists in costume courtesy of House of Hallucination, a special effects lightshow and their infamous art car, and more.
Attendees are encouraged to come in costume to become part of the art. The party runs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Information about other 2nd Saturday events, along with maps, will be available. This event is BYOB. The Cooperage Project is located at 1030 Main Street in Honesdale.
For more information about The Elements Festival, visit www. elementsfest.us.
Attendees looking to experience all Honesdale has to offer should bring their walking shoes, as events are happening throughout the downtown.
• Irving Cliff Brewery, located on 2 Chapel Street, will have a live band, Black Sage Project from 7-10 p.m.
• Here and Now Brewing Company, 645- 649 Main Street, will have a live band, from Starbird 7-10 p.m.
• Twisted Rail Tavern, 505 Main Street, will have live music provided by the Curious Dog Band starting at 8:30 p.m.
• Black and Brass Coffee Roasting Co., 520 Main Street, has an art opening at their gallery Thasos featuring local artist John Robinson 6-8pm enjoy some light food and drink and meet the artist.
• Loose Leaf Pages Inc., 627 Main Street, has an
art opening at their gallery, Lesvos, featuring local artist Janet Gaglione 6-8 p.m. enjoy some light food and drink and meet the artist. There will be live music from Barbara Gogan between 6-8 p.m. Stop in to see the art and sip an amazing tea. There will also be a Steampunk Crafting Workshop from 12-2 p.m.
• Basin and Main, 564 Main Street, will have live music provided by Ian Fitzgerald and John Faraone. Doors open at 730 and show at 8 p.m. The ”not to be missed” Paper Caves will also be open from 1-4 p.m. on Saturday.
•The DJ Harvey Agency, 815 Main Street, will have an art opening 6-8 p.m. at their gallery, Paros, featuring local talent Suzannah Hadorn. Enjoy light food and drink and meet the artist.
• Bohdi Tree Art School and Studio, 214 6th Street, Suite B, will have an open Drum Circle event 6:30- 8:30 p.m. Check out an amazing space, people and experience!
• Chamber of Commerce Bldg. 32 Commercial St. from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Pick up a free game book at the Stourbridge Line ticket booth and explore town with clues to find “Who’s Who”. Prizes for winners will be given.
• Wayne County Historical Society 810 Main St. Extended hrs for 2nd Saturday 6 p.m. -8 p.m.
• Laser Tag at Warehouse 51, 521 Church St. in Honesdale 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
For more information and any late additions to the big 2nd Saturday event go to @2ndSatHonesdale on Facebook and Instagram. Check the page for every 2nd Saturday of the month for a night of music, events and art. Event listings will also appear in print the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
To view an interactive map of the events, visit www.tinyurl.com/2ndSatHonesdale.
— Editor Melissa Lee contributed to this report.