SCOTT TOWNSHIP—Replacement work on the bridge spanning Sherman Creek on the Scott Center Road has progressed far enough to warrant reopening as of July 12, states a release from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
The release states that the bridge, while open, is still awaiting the final step for completion – a polyester polymer concrete layover to cover the new bridge deck.
According to information provided online, the coating can only be applied after the new deck concrete has cured for no less than 30 days.
The material installation is weather dependent, requiring temperatures above 40 degrees F and dry conditions.
The installation is scheduled for this August. Half of the bridge will be closed at a time with flagging crews directing traffic while the work is underway.
Updates are available online at the bridge replacement website: www.parapidbridges.com.
Until the coating can be applied, motorists will notice a slight bump when crossing the bridge.
Replaced as part of the Rapid Bridge Replacement project, maintenance for this bridge will be provided by Plenary Walsh Keystone Partners for 25 years.
Short Term projects for Wayne County include patching work on the following roads:
• SR 191-North Main St-Texas Twp.;
• SR 2002-Lakeshore Drive-Paupack Twp.;
• SR 3004-Pond Rd-Salem Twp.;
• SR 3005-Forks Bridge Rd-Salem Twp. Drainage work included also.
• SR 3012-Advent Rd-Lake Twp.;
• SR 3024-Middle Creek Rd-Cherry Ridge;
• SR 3041-Bridge St-Texas Twp.;
• SR 4001-Elk Lake Dr-Caanan/Clinton Twp.;
• SR 4003-Grange Rd-Prompton Borough/Dyberry Twp.;
• SR 4017-Egypt Rd-Pleasant Mt Twp.
All roads listed above will be reduced to single-lane traffic while patching is accomplished.
SR 1031-Church Rd., Damascus Twp. will be reduced to single-lane traffic for grading/shaping the dirt road.
SR 3009-Calapoose Rd., Sterling Twp. will be reduced to single-lane traffic for shoulder back-up driveway adjustments and new paving.
There will be mowing activity in Southern Wayne County and herbicide spraying throughout with no road closures.
County-wide sign repair and replacement will also take place, weather permitting.
All above-mentioned projects are scheduled to take place from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. from July 24 through 28.
Long Term projects for Wayne County include:
• SR 191 over Dyberry Creek, Honesdale Borough- The work here consists of the rehabilitation of an existing two span I-beam bridge, new retaining wall, temporary pedestrian bridge, temporary traffic signal, traffic detour, rock embankment, sidewalk and curbs, guiderail, and pavement markings.
Work is expected to be complete by October 2017.
• SR 562- Narrowsburg Bridge Inc. Mobilization is scheduled to be complete by September of 2018.
The proposed work consists of the rehabilitation of a steel deck arch bridge over the Delaware River, along with some other work. The controlled one-lane traffic pattern will continue throughout construction apart from 15 overnight closures needed.
• SR 3004- There is a bridge deck replacement project over West Branch of Wallenpaupack Creek (Salem/Sterling Townships) at the intersection of Moon Road, Pond Road, Callapoose Road, and Cemetery Road.
The roadway will be completely closed during this time. Work is expected to be complete by September.
• SR 3019 over Jones Creek, Lake Township- Construction work here consists of the replacement of a steel I-beam bridge, along with other various projects.
This is expected to be complete by November 2017.