LHV provides funding assistance to partner organizations through its Partnership Grants Program.
- LHV provides funding assistance to partner organizations through its Partnership Grants Program.
Over the past twelve years, LHV has provided $3,335,876 in grant funding to organizations to support projects and programs in the areas of place-based education, interpretive programming, historic preservation, cultural conservation, community trails, and community and economic development.
This funding is an investment in Northeastern Pennsylvania that stimulates the region’s economic development, enhances tourism initiatives, strengthens the capacity of community organizations, and increases the quality of life for area residents.
In this challenging economic environment, the results of a recent economic impact study reported that the impact of LHVA is $31 million with 386 jobs created and over $2 million generated in tax revenue. Grants have become more competitive than in previous years. Nonetheless, LHV continues to support high-quality projects that make a difference in the community.
Complete program guidelines and the grant application are available on the Lackawanna Heritage Valley's website at http://www.lhva.org/grants/. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, September 2, 2014, at Noon.
Projects eligible for grant support have included but are not limited to:
• Exhibits, interpretive displays or panels, trail signage, video or audio displays, on-site interactive media, and digital products.
• Public programming, activities, events, and outreach activities.
• Program materials including training materials for docents, publications such as brochures or guidebooks, interpretive driving or walking trails or tours, and/or annotated itineraries.
• Preservation and adaptive reuse of historic structures, i.e. “bricks-and-mortar” work.
• Cultural conservation activities including oral history projects, conservation of traditional folkways, and artifact identification and preservation.
• Feasibility or planning studies, management action plans, and special purpose studies.
LHV provides financial assistance to nonprofit and civic organizations, heritage partners, educational institutions, and municipalities that are located or operate within the Lackawanna Heritage Valley, or whose projects will benefit LHV’s service area in Lackawanna County and portions of Susquehanna, Wayne, and Luzerne Counties.
LHV works with community partners on projects that conserve, preserve, and educate the public about Northeastern Pennsylvania’s historic, cultural, economic, and natural resources. For general information about the heritage area, visit www.LHVA.org.