- Two suspects were arraigned Friday on charges connected to a homicide.

Adam Dixon, 22, and Jonathan Yacinovich, 18, both of Waymart, each face charges of involuntary manslaughter and recklessly endangering another person in the death of Ryan S. Clemo, 31, also of Waymart.

The suspects were arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Ronald Edwards in Pleasant Mount and released on $100,000 unsecured bail each.

They are scheduled to appear in Central Court in Honesdale on July 30.

Clemo was pronounced dead March 29 at Wayne Memorial Hospital, where he was taken after an incident on Rose Hill Drive in Dyberry Township.

Last month Wayne County Coroner Edward Howell ruled the death a homicide.

The ruling came after results of toxicology and pathology tests.

According to court papers:

Clemo died from asphyxia due to the combined effects of compression and blunt trauma to the neck. Alcohol intoxication was a contributing factor.

An autopsy determined Clemo suffered various injuries including indications of strangulation. Other injuries included a broken neck bone.

An examination of Clemo's body revealed a laceration to his right wrist, three scratches to his right forearm, scrapes and cuts on the left hand, a cut behind the left ear and indications of petechial hemorrhaging on the eye lids.

Clemo and his girlfriend, Sara Kellerman, had been drinking in Kellerman's basement with Dixon and Yacinovich.

Clemo became upset when a song came on that was played at his grandmother's funeral.

He threw bottles, hitting Kellerman in the leg and causing a laceration.

Kellerman went to her car and was followed by Clemo, who broke her windshield, Dixon told police.

Clemo also punched Dixon and Yacinovich.

Dixon told police Clemo walked back toward the house and fell and hit his head. Inside, Clemo fell down the basement stairway, landing on his face.

Dixon and Yacinovich said Clemo was angry and they tried to get him under control by wrapping electrical cord around his ankles and "restraining his chest."

Dixon told police he had his arm around Clemo's neck but Clemo broke free.

An affidavit says that after Clemo had apparently calmed down, Kellerman's mother, Joanne, "noticed (Clemo) was in a praying position on his knees with his butt in the air. His elbows were on the floor with his head on his hands tilted to one side. Joanne stated that she noticed (Clemo's) face was turning purple."

Dixon and Yacinovich checked Clemo, noticing he had a pulse but shallow breathing. They kept checking on him until they realized he did not have a pulse.

Joanne Kellerman called 911 and the operator talked them through CPR.