WAYNE COUNTY - A Salem Township man was charged with making terroristic threats after threatening to shoot two women, state police at Honesdale said.
Albert Stanat, 55, was arraigned before District Judge Bonnie Carney and placed in the Wayne County jail on $20,000 bail.
Police said Stanat was heavily intoxicated when he returned home at 10 p.m. June 4 and started arguing with Donna Ambrosio, 47, and Debbie Smith, 55, both of Moscow.
Stanat picked up a shotgun, pointed it at the two women and threatened to shoot them, police said.
The suspect was taken into custody a short time later as we walked along Neville Road.
• Seth Whitfield, 20, of New Jersey, and two female juveniles were cited with retail theft.
Police said the three were stopped by loss prevention officers at K-Mart in Texas Township after trying to leave the store with a bag of merchandise valued at $39.65.
The incident happened at 3:18 p.m. June 29.
• Scott Patrick St. Clair, 46, of Beach Lake, was recently cited for retail theft after he left Walmart in Texas Township without paying for $146.53 worth of merchandise, police said.
• Lawrence G. Cameron, 54, of Hawley, was cited for public drunkenness after an incident at 9 p.m. June 29, police said.
Police said Cameron was "extremely intoxicated" as he walked along Main Street in Hawley, yelling at and following three females.
The woman flagged down a passing police cruiser and Cameron was taken into custody, police said.
He was charged and released into the custody of a relative.
• Ryan Carroll, 38, of Honesdale, was charged with theft and receiving stolen property, police said.
Police said Carroll recently moved out of a house he was renting on the Hancock Highway in Manchester Township, taking several tools and pieces of hardware that belonged to the landlord.
The charges were filed in district court.
• State police are investigating an identity theft case.
Someone used the identity of a Beach Lake woman to obtain a line of credit through Comcast mobile and charged $1,596 to an account.
The theft happened between April 1 and June 19.
Anyone with information is urged to call Trooper Timothy Walker at 570-253-7126.
• Mikaela Tighe, 36, of Honesdale, took $792.98 worth of merchandise from Walmart in Texas Township at 3:45 p.m. June 14, police said.
A retail theft charge was filed in district court.
• Inmate Ronald Winters, 39, of Honesdale. was charged with institutional vandalism after he intentionally smashed a cell window at the Wayne County Correctional Facility at 4:50 a.m. June 4.
The charge was filed in district court.