HONESDALE - A program focused on promoting leadership in Wayne County graduated the 2014 class Wednesday afternoon.
The Leadership Wayne program, sponsored by the Chamber of the Northern Poconos, held the event at the Hotel Wayne in Honesdale.
Leadership Wayne is designed to "educate a group of potential leaders residing and/or employed in Wayne County" about all aspects of the community, the program states.
The overall goal is to allow graduates to gain in-depth knowledge of the community in which they live and become a better future leader in the process.
Future of the county
Board member of the Chamber of the Northern Poconos Gary Beilman extended his congratulations to the 17 participants that completed the program.
This year, the program took place over a ten month period with one session held per month.
Each one-day session focused on a topic specific to Wayne County. Sessions were held at a variety of sites, ranging from Wayne Memorial Hospital to the Hawley Public Library.
"It is my belief that a day like this speaks volumes of the dedication and the commitment of you and your employers," he said.
Lewis Critelli, also a Chamber board member, closed the ceremony by highlighting the future of the participants.
"You are now ambassadors for Wayne County," he said. "Congratulations to you all. You truly exemplify the goal of the program."
Class of 2014
The following graduated from the Leadership Wayne program:
• Michelle Budzilowicz - Highlights for Children
• Maurice Dennis - Wayne Bank
• Lisa Dowse - The Honesdale National Bank
• Stephanie French - Wayne County Human Services
• James Gardas - The Dime Bank
• Mark James - Northeast PA Pet Cremation Services
• Pamela Kerber - The Dime Bank
• Simon Knox - Downtown Hawley Partnership
• Kelly Kyzer - Wayne County Deputy Treasurer
• Anna Layman Knox - Hawley United Methodist Church
• Kimberly Marcyoniak - Wayne County Children & Youth
• Jennifer Noble - Wayne County Domestic Relations
• Kellyn Nolan - Lackawanna College
• Tracy Schwarz - Wayne County Public Library
• Nicholas Spinelli - Lake Wallenpaupack Watershed Management
• Luke Turano - Turano Insurance Agency, Inc.
• Jeremy Watson - Re/Max Wayne