— Together with Geisinger Health System, Wayne Memorial Hospital will present the 2014 Emergency Medicine and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Continuing Education Symposium.
The free symposium will take place Saturday, June 7, at 7:30 a.m. at Rusty Palmer’s Riverview Restaurant, 105 Rusty’s Boulevard.
It is designed for physicians, nurses and EMS providers who are interested in learning about the latest trends and improvements in the care of emergency patients. Emergency simulation stations will also be showcased.
Faculty of both Wayne Memorial Hospital and Geisinger Health System will present at the symposium, including:
• William R. Dewar III, M.D., chief of medical staff, Wayne Memorial
• Edgar Kenton III, M.D., FAAN, FAHA, director of the stroke program and the department of neurology, Geisinger Medical Center
• John Mitchell, M.D., director of the trauma program at Geisinger-Community Medical Center (G-CMC)
• Patrick Pugliese, M.D., FACEP, director of the emergency department at Wayne Memorial
• Anthony Sauter, M.D., medical director and medical command director of the emergency department at G-CMC
• Jack Lasky, EMT-P, coordinator of EMS services for Geisinger Northeast
• David Schoenwetter, D.O., FACEP, medical director for Geisinger EMS and Geisinger Life Flight
• Stephen Voyce, M.D., FACC, FACP, chief of cardiology and co-director, Geisinger Heart and Vascular Institute at G-CMC.
Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. and a continental breakfast will be served. The program will continue through the day with lectures and demonstrations, ending at approximately 3 p.m.
Lunch will also be provided.
For more information or to register call the Geisinger Center for Continuing Professional Development at 570-271-6692 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.