- During the month of May the PrimeTime Health Wayne County Senior center presentations will be on Prescription Drug Safety.
This program will be presented by Charlotte Myers; Certified Prevention Specialist, Wayne County Drug & Alcohol Commission.
As we age, we typically need more medication and different types of medication.
Our bodies respond differently to alcohol and medication as we grow older, too. It’s important to know how medications and alcohol may be affecting our health in adverse ways.
The need for keeping medicines in areas where children and teens do not have access to them and taking advantage of local programs, which provide specific locations where expired medications can be taken and discarded, will also be covered.
The senior centers are happy to announce that as part of the Healthy Pennsylvania - Prescription Drug Take-Back Program, the Wayne County District Attorney’s Office will have Detectives available at each of the center location so that the community can enjoy the presentation and also be able to bring in expired medications at that time.
All programs will be from 11:30 a.m. until noon. If you would like to join us for lunch, please call 570 253-4262 at least two days in advance of the presentation.
If you would like to attend but need transportation please call 570 253-4280 to register for transportation
You can also visit our website for more information at http://aging.co.wayne.pa.us
Locations for presentations are:
• May 1: Northern Wayne Fire Company (Crosstown Highway, Lakewood).
• May 7: Honesdale Senior Center (323 Tenth Street, 570 253-4262)
• May 8: Hamlin Senior Center (Rt 590, Township Building, 570 689-3766.
• May 12: Hawley Senior Center (Bingham Park), 570 226-4209.