- The current graduating class of the Leadership Wayne program was sent forth with praise and inspiration.
Leadership Wayne is sponsored by the Wayne County, Pocono Lake Region and Southern Wayne Regional Chambers of Commerce. The program is designed to "educate a group of potential leaders residing and/or employed in Wayne County" about all aspects of the community, the program reads. The overall goal is to allow graduates to gain in-depth knowledge of the community in which they live and to become a better future leader in the process.
Graduation for the class was held Monday afternoon at Tick Tocks. Leadership Wayne is a one-year program that allows a participant to spend one full day a month learning about topics ranging from human and health services to culture and community.
Attorney Warren Schloesser, Wayne County Chamber of Commerce board member, said he hoped the program allowed those involved to "get better connected with each other." He added that, "Both you and your organization benefit from being involved" in programs that allow for people to learn and become connected.
First vice-president of the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce Gary Beilman said "any kind of dedication we make to better ourselves is worthy of recognition."
In closing, Greg Frigoletto, Wayne County Chamber of Commerce board member, said that being a leader is a powerful thing.
"You can be a positive or negative leader. Both are extremely powerful. A positive leader is one that is informed," he said. He added that hopefully after graduation from the program, the alumnae will be able to assume a role as a strong leader.
The graduates received a plaque recognizing their achievement and a bag of goodies.
The graduating class of 2013 are as follows:
• Karen Aughe, Souther Wayne Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Carolyn Copp, South Canaan Telephone Company
• Maria Diehl, Wayne Memorial Health System
• Cheryl Duquette, Workforce Wayne
• Stephen Ehrhardt, The Dime Bank
• Ryan French, Wayne Bank
• Laurie Harrington, The Honesdale National Bank
• John Kretschmer, Wayne Highlands School District
• Mary Ann Olver, Boden USA
• Julia Perry, Cove Haven Entrainment Resorts
• Tiffany Rogers, The Settlers Inn
• Janet Salkoskas, The Dime Bank
• Betsy Turner, Wayne County 911 Center
• Jim Williams, JW Consulting
• Keith Williams, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau