- This April, Make-A-Wish is celebrating World Wish Day by launching a month-long campaign to raise air miles-a critical resource.
Frequent fliers with air miles from Delta, US Airways or United are encouraged to donate their air miles to Make-A-Wish through its Wishes in Flight program. Once donated, they never expire.
World Wish Day celebrates the day in 1980 when Chris Greicius received his wish to be a police officer, inspiring the founding of Make-A-Wish. Today, did you know:
• 75 percent of wishes involve travel? Locally, there are more than 52 travel wishes and a need of 124 million air miles.
• There is an estimated 14 trillion unused air miles sitting in accounts worldwide?
• In honor of World Wish Day, WWE Superstar John Cena will match every mile donated in April up to 4.5 million?
• United Airlines will match every United MileagePlus award mile donated in April up to 3 million miles?
To donate miles or for more information, call 800-480-9474 or log onto www.wishgreatpa.org.
Make-A-Wish Greater Pennsylvania and Southern West Virginia is a non-profit organization that grants wishes to children, aged 2 1/2 to 18, with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Currently, the local chapter is one of the most active in the country, having fulfilled more than 13.500 wishes.
For more information, call Make-A-Wish at 800-480-9474 or visit its web site at www.wishgreaterpa.org.