Dog wardens will canvas homes in Lakeville and Paupack townships in Wayne County during the week of April 15, visiting neighborhoods to ensure dog owners have current licenses and rabies vaccinations for their dogs.
It's the law – all dogs three months or older must be licensed by Jan. 1 of each year. The fee is $6.45 for each spayed or neutered dog and $8.45 for other dogs. Older adults and persons with disabilities may purchase a license for $4.45 for spayed or neutered dogs and $6.45 for others.
Additionally, all dogs and non-feral cats three months of age and older must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations must be administered periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs.
Licenses may be purchased through the Wayne County Treasurer by calling 253-5970 or at the following locations:
· Amy DMV, 69 Wellwood Ave., Hawley
· Dee's Notary Service, 21 GTO Alley, Waymart
· Dessin Animal Shelter, 138 Miller Dr., Honesdale
· Magisterial District Justice Ronald Edwards, Old Railroad Station, Lakewood
· Pet Central, 344 Erie St., Honesdale
For more Information, visit www.licenseyourdogPA.com or call 717-787-3062.