The mother of murdered newborn Jacqueline Amber Barrise will be sentenced today at 1 p.m. in the Wayne County Courthouse.

Jennifer Barrise plead guilty "to Murder of the Third Degree" before Judge Robert J. Conway on Sept. 7, 2012.

The child was killed by co-defendent Christopher Fitzpatrick, who plead guilty to Murder of the First Degree March 8, 2012.

Fitzpatrick was given a mandatory sentence of life without the possibility of parole on May 17, 2012.

The crime:

According to the affidavit filed June 10, 2011, Detective Yanko of the New Jersey Police Department went to the residence of Fitzpatrick's parents in Highland Lanes, N.J. looking for Jennifer Barrise because "there is a Domestic Relations warrant" for Barrise.

Before leaving their home, the parents of Fitzpatrick asked if they could tell Det. Yanko "something disturbing."

They then told the detective that their son, Christopher Fitzpatrick, was in a relationship with Barrise and that the couple shared a one-year-old child.

They also said that his 11-year-old sister, Kathleena, was visiting the Fitzpatrick-Barrise residence for Memorial Day weekend.

While in the vehicle with Barrise and Fitzpatrick, during a trip to a local supermarket the girl heard Barrise give birth. She also heard the child cry.

While inside the market, Barrise began having contractions.

While still inside the store, he urged her to have the baby by stating "...I just want to get rid of it, I gotta do what I gotta do." Barrise asked him, "What do you want to do, kill it?" to which there was no response.

When they left the supermarket and went back in to the car, it would not start.

Fitzpatrick called for help and while waiting in the vehicle, told Barrise to "hurry up and have this baby, I want to get rid of it."

Fitzpatrick stated to police that Barrise had given birth in the vehicle along the side of the road.

Neither Barrise nor Fitzpatrick had touched the baby at this point.

He then drove Barrise and his sister back to their home in The Hideout.

Upon leaving, "Just before he pulled out he told Barrise that he was going to get rid of it."

She again asked if he intended to kill the baby and again he offered no response.

He took the car, with the newborn still inside, behind M n' D Lawn care, his former place of employment.

He killed the child by hitting her twice with a cinder block and left the body underneath that block.

Fitzpatrick told his family and Barrise that he had killed the baby. Court documents state Barrise never went to authorities with the information. The child was killed on May 29, 2011.

When taken to the site where the body was buried by Pennsylvania State Troopers Decker and Zirpoli, they asked Fitzpatrick if "he would show them where the little girl was." He led the troopers around the back of M n' D Lawn Care in Lake Ariel and "related that the baby was under the cinder block just inside the tree line."