live in a house two doors down from the apartment building which became an inferno of flames at about 3:00 p.m.


To the Editor:
I live in a house two doors down from the apartment building which became an inferno of flames at about 3:00 p.m. Thursday, September 18 last week. Only by blessed providence of a loving, compassionate God, Father, creator, preserver were all tenants spared from being horribly incinerated and burned alive in the flames.
When I heard three loud but muffled bangs which sounded like car doors slamming was when the propane gas grill tank on the right side of the porch as you are leaving the building blew up, exploding the gas fuel for the intense fire.
I think the building owners is probably from out of the area, who local dyed-in-the-wool native-born Honesdalians complain bitterly about buying up all the properties here in the town of Honesdale.
The native born people of Honesdale should get smart. They should understand that if the electrical code inspectors from Honesdale Borough were doing their jobs correctly all the property buyers from out of the area would be only owning vacant, unoccupied, unrentable properties because the borough electrical inspectors would see that the property owners were legally forbidden to rent to tenants and make income and profit they invested more money to have the building pass electrical code standards.
I believe the fire was started in the electrical wiring and smoldered to the propane gas grill on the front porch. It would be the right things to do for the tenants to hire a lawyer, to sue both the building owners and Honesdale Borough and maybe in the future property owners and Honesdale Borough electrical code inspectors will do things correctly in the future!
(Signed)
Kathy Sheppard, Honesdale, Pa.